Saturday, October 24, 2009

meditation

I have been exposed to the notion of meditation for a long time.Initially
all spirituality seemed very foreign,strange and something I didn't want anything to do with.
After all what did diety know that I didn't already know[arrogance].it wasn't so much that i didn't believe in God as God didn't believe in me[false pride].I wish I knew when that changed it was a long slow painful process[humility].
I got involved in a group meditation/healing about15 years ago,and I had quite a few mystical experiences.It took a long time to realize life is a mystical experience.
I started meditating regularly about 7 years ago almost as a dare.I generally get off my ass when things have completely fallen apart.[not so much anymore,we change].
Practically dared spirit to come in.Careful what you ask for.
My experience is practicing observing ones thoughts for a given amount of time becomes habitual.I've been able slowly to bring the observer into many aspects of the world I call Jeffrey's life.I'm comforted knowing that nothing is permanent aside from the deep silence that resides in all of us.These days I meditate daily it aligns me with myself with God with the Earth and with my brothers. It's changed the way I feel about the above mentioned and boy did I need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment