Wednesday, October 28, 2009

putting it together

I started making these scarves,I have tons of oddball pieces of menswear fabric around so I'm sewing them together in strips and making them functional and beautiful.Yesterday I realized it was a metaphor for what I'm going through at the moment and many moments beforehand.How can I take varied experiences and make them into a whole? What's worth salvaging? What should be thrown away? What piece sings when it's sewn together with another?How can I put myself together and present it as a gift to the world?
For a long time my life had been fragmented,compartmentalized{everything would be perfect if I had money]Perhaps everything is the way it's supposed to be and always has been .When I truly offer myself to the universe to spirit to my brothers can I offer all of myself?Or do I pick and choose the best or what I think are the best pieces and present them as swatches?
So putting together these scarves I'm humbly offering all of myself to my brothers to God and to myself .Here's who I am please wear it well.

3 comments:

  1. Know how to knit? Check out these big gay scarves! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15172832

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll try for tomorrow gotta find the camera

    ReplyDelete